Saturday, June 18, 2011

At all times, and in all things, and in all places: A tribute to the most defining factor in my life.

In the last couple days I have seen a lot of skepticism about Mormons in various places. With that "Book of Mormon" play coming out and two potential LDS candidates in the next election, I think people are hearing a lot about us and forming their own opinions based on a vague idea of who we are and what we believe.

There are times in my life where I stop and ask myself what I'm doing and why I'm doing it. Times where someone or something reminds me that I have chosen a life that does not necessarily resonate with most of the world's views and beliefs. Sometimes I feel like what I feel and know in my heart and soul couldn't possibly be a reality, simply because so many people say that it's not. There are times where I am scared, where I lose hope, times when I feel like a light somewhere has gone out. What I have found, however, is that that light will always come back; that if I take my doubts with me to my knees , and profess them openly though prayer to my Heavenly Father, that he will respond in a simple and yet glorious way. Even my weakest and most pitiful prayers have been answered with a flood of comfort and peace. Through that comfort and reassurance, I know that I can stand up to any criticisms from my peers or even the world at large.I have nothing to hide and nothing to fear. I know that I can depend on support from the Lord.

I believe in Jesus Christ. I believe He is the Son of the Living God who, in turn, is the literal Father of our spirits. I believe that our Savior was ressurected and that He will come again. I believe that His prophets, both ancient and modern, were and are his mouthpieces on the Earth. I believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ as it is taught in the Book of Mormon and the Bible. I believe in the standards and principles of my Church and I try -- will always try-- my best to follow them. I don't think anyone should be theatened by this. I would not force anyone to conform to my lifestyle, though I will willingly share my opinions and beliefs with those around me, as I think most people do.

So if you were wondering, I'm not brainwashed , I'm not naive. I have made a choice based on what I know in my heart because of personal experiences and investigation. And I will stand by that choice at all times, and in all things and in all places.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a videographer located in Goodyear, Arizona. Visit my site storiestoldmedia.com to check out my best work and the Stories Told blog.

Followers