Thursday, January 19, 2012

Scared.

In December I wrote an article for University Relations that got published in the Church News!Check it out at http://www.ldschurchnews.com/articles/61847/BYU-Hawaii-Ground-broken-for-campus-expansion-project.html

Right now I am the Editor-in-Chief of multimedia at the Kealakai ( our school newspaper) and I have lots of hopes and dreams for the upcoming semester. I have ideas for two new news shows and I would LOVE to get them broadcast on our university channel.

In this new position I am kinda having a hard time finding my footing, I always worry that people think I am mean or lazy or not thinking things through all the way. Part of it , I think, is that there are lots of little details to attend to and it's hard to take care of all of them when I have tons of homework and classwork... I think I am just going to have to accept that I am not going to be able to treat this like a full-time job, because it's not!

After we get these new shows off the ground and settle in a little I am hoping to start writing more stories. The nice thing is that I get to pick and choose what I write so I am really hoping I will have the time to focus on a few important stories for my portfolio. Yikes! Real life really is creeping up on me I think, soon I will be out in the world trying to get my foot in the door as a journalist and,I'll admit it, I'm scared!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a videographer located in Goodyear, Arizona. Visit my site storiestoldmedia.com to check out my best work and the Stories Told blog.

Followers